GATE Eligibility Criteria 2015
- GATE Eligibility Criteria 2015 is provided below for those candidates who have either completed or appearing in Bachelor and Masters Degree. Applicants can check age limit and passing percentage related details from this section.
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is the entrance exam for giving admission to deserving aspirants in various MCA, BE, M.Sc courses in IIT engineering colleges in the desired field of CS (computer science), Mechanical, electronic etc on the basis of scores obtain in exam.
- To appear in GATE entrants should ensure that they fulfill the required eligibility criteria such as qualification, age limit and percentage required in Graduation.
- GATE is jointly conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) for giving admission to students in Masters Programme as per their ranking.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2015:
|Qualifying Degree for GATE 2015||Qualifying Degree/Examination|
|B.E./B.Tech/ B.Arch./ B. Pharm.||Candidates should possess Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Pharmacy (Post-Diploma/ Post B.Sc./4 years after 10+2)|
|B.S||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)|
|M.Sc./M.A./ MCA or equivalent||Applicants should have Master’s degree in relevant discipline.|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech(Post B.Sc)||Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (Four year programme)|
|Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (Five yearprogramme)|
|Int. M. Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.S.-M.S. program|
|ProfessionalSociety Examinations(equivalent to B.E/B.Tech/B. Arch)||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch. equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE|
- Aspirants appearing in final year can also apply for GATE.
- If an applicant is pursuing or already got any higher degree which is mentioned in the table then he/she can select minimum required degree while filling up the application form.
Age limit of aspirants should be minimum 21 years
Number of Attempts:
Aspirants can give GATE exam as many times as they want and there is no restriction on number of attempts to be eligible for the exam.
Note: You may check the official link for more details.
More Related Links
|Gate Preparation Tips||GATE Exam Pattern|
|GATE Cutoff Marks||GATE Question Papers|
|GATE Score Card||GATE Syllabus|
|GATE Result||GATE Admit Card|