- Aspirants, if you are searching for books and study material for TNPSC Group 1(Mains & Prelims) Exam, then you are at the right place.
- Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) conducts recruitment for various Group 1 posts such as Deputy Collector, Deputy Registrar, District Employment Officer etc.
- Each year large numbers of aspirants appear for the TNPSC Group 1 Exam which is conducted in two stages i.e. Prelims and Mains. Aspirants who are preparing for this examination must download the online books and study material for better preparation.
- In the next section, candidates will find the information about books and study material for TNPSC Group 1 Exams which is specified below by the team of portalforjobs.com
TNPSC Group 1 Books Details:
State Board Books: Aspirants can prepare from the following school text books which are considered as the main source of TNPSC exam questions.
1) Social Science Books (Class VI to X)
2) Science Books (Class VI to X)
3) Botany & Zoology (Class XI & XII)
4) Political Science (Class XI & XII)
5) Economics (Class XI & XII)
6) Geography (Class XI & XII)
7) Indian Culture (Class XII)
Science & Technology:
Science & Tech by spectrum publications
Objective General English by R.S. Agarwal
|Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Agarwal|
- The Hindu
- Competitive Success Review / Civil Service Chronicle
- Yojana / Thittam
TNPSC Group 1 Previous Questions With Answers:
Q1. An alkaline earth metal forms covalent compounds. It forms water soluble sulphate MSO4 and water insoluble hydroxide M (OH)2 which is atmospheric in nature. The metal M is
Q2. Consider the following statements
(A) Diamond is a bad conductor of electricity
(B) Graphite is used for making electrodes of electric furnaces
(C) Solid carbon monoxide is known is dry ice
(D) Carbon dioxide turns moist red litmus slightly bluish
Which of the following statements is/are correct?
(A) I & III
(B) II & III
(C) I & II
(D) III & IV
Q3. Columns of Bertini in the kidneys of mammals are formed as extensions of
(A) Medulla into cortex
(B) Cortex into Medulla
(C) Medulla into Pelvis
(D) Pelvis into ureter
Q4. In which part of the world Mixed Farming is practiced?
(A) Developing Regions of the world
(B) Highly developed Regions of the world
(C) Under developed Regions of the world
(D) Desert Regions of the world
Q5. The average marks in English obtained by 300 students is 45. The average marks of first 100 and last 100 students are 70 and 20 respectively. The average marks of the remaining 100 students is
Q6. Horizontal bar diagram is used for
(A) Qualitative Data
(B) Data varying over time
(C) Data varying over space
(D) (A) or (C)
Q7. Classification is the process of arranging data in
(A) Different columns
(B) Different rows
(C) Grouping of related facts in different classes
(D) None of these
Q8. A perfect dice is tossed twice. Find the probability of getting a total of 9
Q9. Find out the wrong number in the following sequence:
22, 33, 66, 99, 121, 279, 594
Q10. What are the basic challenges in wireless computing systems?
(I) Lower Band Width
(II) Limited Power
(III) Dynamically changing Network
(IV) Low error rate
(A) I, III & IV (B) I, IV, II (C) IV, II, I (D) I,II, III
You can also download PDF files of previous year papers which are mentioned in the below table.
|Group – I (Preliminary) 2011 General Knowledge|
|Group – I (Main) 2011 General Studies – Paper-1|
|Group – I (Main) 2011 General Studies – Paper-2|
Note: Please visit the official link for more detail or any query.
TNPSC Group 1 Preparation Stuff
|TNPSC Notification||TNPSC Exam Pattern (Group 1)|
|TNPSC Selection Procedure (Group 1)||TNPSC Syllabus (Group 1)|
|TNPSC Previous Year Question Paper (Group 1)||TNPSC Annual Planner|