Right To Education Act in India
Education plays a most vital role for all the human beings. If you want to do something good in your life or want successful career, then without education it is impossible.
Government of India is providing “Right to Education Act in India” for Indians. Now the question occurs in your mind that why should you know about it? What is the aim of this act? And so on. Here we are providing you the answers of all the questions.
What is Right to Education Act?
- This act is given by the government of India in the year 2009. The main aim of this act is to provide the compulsory education for all the children. This act is basically for the development of society.
- As the name mentions itself Right to education, it means that every child has a right to get education whether it belongs to any caste, creed or religion. The constitution of India provides this act in 2009 which states that “Free and compulsory education is provided to all the children who are in the age group of six to fourteen years”.
- Government also gives this duty to the center and the state to provide free education. This act is basically planned for the better future of those children whose parents are not able to provide them better education.
Major Significance of the Act
- Every child whether it is a boy or girl shall have the right to get education free in neighborhood school.
- Every child has a right to get his elementary education under age group of six to fourteen years.
- This is the responsibility of central and state government for providing funds for this act.
The act is basically planned for:
- Development of child all around
- Building child knowledge
- Building talent and make child free from fear and anxiety
The act prohibits:
- Physical Punishment
- Mental Harassment
- Screening Procedure at the time of admission
- School Fee
- Private tuitions by teachers
- Undisciplined Teachers
To improve the standard of our Nation and to remove the illiteracy, Government has also started many programmes like- Sarva Siksha Abhiyan, Mid Day Meal Scheme, Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Higher Education, and Adult Education.
Why should you know about it?
Now a question arises in all’s mind that why should we know about all these things and facts. The answer is simple and straight.
- We are also a citizen of India so we have a right to know what has happened in the field of Education. Government provides a lot of opportunity to secure the future of child and for this it gives many facilities.
- You should also aware of all these rights which are to be provided by the government of India to Indian citizens.
You may also get all the knowledgeable facts and points from our official web portal at portalforjobs.com. Stay connected with us for more information.