Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts an entrance examination for prelims and mains every year. Interested students who want to make their career in IAS, PCS exams have to be more prepared for this.
Here in this section we provide you the selection procedure step by step of UPSC for prelims and mains.
UPSC Selection Process
Dear job seekers! If you want to go through the UPSC exam for Prelims and mains and you are seriously interested in same then you are at right place. Here we are giving you all the details.
Here is the complete selection procedure for UPSC but before this we should have the eligibility criteria:
- A candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Candidate’s age should be in between 21 years to 30 years and relaxation in upper age would be provided as per government norms.
Eligible candidates may apply for UPSC IAS exam.
For Preliminary Exam: Under this section, 2 papers are conducted in objective type format and each paper has 200 marks. It is most important to qualifying in this preliminary exam as to reach to the next step.
For Mains Examination: Under this section, you will have to appear for 9 different papers which would be conducted only in subjective format. These are mentioned below:
1. General English – 300 marks
2. Any Indian Language – 300 marks
3. Essay - 200 marks
4. General Studies I – 300 marks
5. General Studies II – 300 marks
6. Any selected subject paper I
7. Any selected subject paper II (Both paper I and II has 300 marks)
8. Any optional subject paper I
9. Any optional subject paper II (Both paper I and II has 300 marks)
Total marks for mains exam – 2000 marks for all 9 papers
After that Interview process is held. To crack an interview, here we are providing you the interview tips given in the link below:
Read More Updates on UPSC
|UPSC Exam Calendar 2014||UPSC Application Form 2014|
|UPSC Syllabus 2014||UPSC Study Material|
|UPSC Sample Paper||UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2014|
|Best Coaching Center For UPSC Exam||IAS Exam 2014|
|PSC Notification||Latest Government Jobs 2014|