UPPSC Syllabus 2014
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) has organised written exam to fill the various vacant posts in there department. UPPSC announced recruitment notification for these vacancies. And here we provide you the details of UPPSC Syllabus 2014, UPPSC Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria and Preparation Books on protalforjobs.com.
Applicants read the complete syllabus for the UPPSC preparation given as follows:
- History of India-Ancient, Mediaeval, Modern
- Indian National Movement and Indian Culture
- Population, Environment and Urbanization in Indian Context
- World Geography, Geography of India and its natural resources.
- Current events of national and international importance. (Current Affairs)
- Indian Agriculture, Trade and Commerce.
- Specific knowledge of U.P. regarding education, culture Agriculture, Trade Commerce, The methods of living and Social Customs.
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- General Science
- General Mental ability
- Statistical Analysis, Graphs and Diagrams
• Current events of national and international importance.
• History of India and Indian National Movement.
• Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
• Indian Polity and governance – Constitution, Political System. Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
• Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives etc.
• General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization. .
• General Science
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability & General Studies
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level
- General English up to Class X level.
- General Hindi up to Class X level.
UPPSC 2014 Exam Pattern
UPPSC Exam 2014 will held in three stages.
Preliminary examination duration of 2 hours for each exam
- Paper I of 200 marks contains 150 Multiple Choice Questions.
- Paper II of 200 marks contains 150 Multiple Choice Questions.
- There will be eight papers for mains of 1400 marks.
- There are first four papers are compulsory of 200 marks for each paper.
- For last four papers candidates need to choose any of two subjects.
- The two optional papers contain two question papers for each optional subject of 300 – 300 marks.
- Interview of 200 marks.
UPPSC Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have degree of any recognised by UGC.
A candidate age must be in between 21 years to 40 years on August 1 of the year of examination. Upper age relaxation is applied as per the govt. Rules.
Portalforjobs.com also provides you the study material for the UPPSC exam 2014 candidates can get download book and previous exam papers for the preparation of UPPSC.
Preparation Books of UPPSC
For more you can join us on Facebook and Google + and make you always up to date.