IPS Syllabus 2014
Government of India conducts Indian Police Service (IPS) Exam for the recruitment of Indian candidates for the different Posts in Indian Civil Services. IPS Exam is part of the Civil Services Exam which is conducted by the UPSC and is considered to be the second toughest Exam in India next to the IAS.
All the information about IPS 2014 is provided to you by our web portal portalforjobs.com. For latest notifications regarding IPS be in touch with us.
IPS Exam Syllabus
IPS Exam consists of total 9 papers based on different topics which are mentioned below:
- Paper I: Language Exam
- Paper II: General English
- Paper III: Essay
- Paper IV and V: General Studies
- Paper VI, VII, VIII and IX: Optional Subjects
Practice Test (Online Quizzes)
|Reasoning Exam Preparation||Give ONLINE TEST|
|General Knowledge Preparation||Give ONLINE TEST|
|English Preparation||Give ONLINE TEST|
|Computer exam Preparation||Give ONLINE TEST|
|Personality Test||Give ONLINE TEST|
Applicants will have to qualify in all the above Exams and after that they will be called for Interview for final selection.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
Candidates will have to write two Essays. One topic will relate to Indian Society/politics/ Economy/Development, Growth and relevant phases. The other topic will relate to security and related stuffs.
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
IPS Exam Pattern
|Paper||Type of exam||Marks||Duration|
|Paper I||Objective Type||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|Paper II||Objective Type||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|Paper III||Descriptive Type||200 Marks||3 Hours|
|Paper IV||Descriptive Type||200 Marks||3 Hours|
|Paper V||Descriptive Type||200 Marks||3 Hours|
You may check Here All Related Exam Syllabus:
Eligibility Criteria for IPS
Aspirants who want to apply for IPS should possess Degree in any discipline from any University recognised by Government.
Age of the applicants should not be less than 21 years and should not be more than 30 years to be eligible for IPS Exam.
No. of Attempts
Applicants who already applied for IPS are here by informed that the IPS Exam limit is of 4 times i.e. applicant can appear for IPS up to 4 times only where as for SC/ St category limit is of 7 times.
Applicants who got selected in IAS or IFS cannot apply for IPS and should be eligible as per requirement to apply against IPS.