Indian Forest Service 2014
- Guys! Who are applying for Indian Forest Service Exam and want to get syllabus, exam pattern and study material than you are on the right page.
- The main thing is that if you want to apply for the IFS exam than you have to clear the civil service (Preliminary) exam.
- Portalforjobs.com is going to tell you the Indian Forest Service Syllabus 2014. You can download the syllabus in PDF format from this web portal.
IFS Exam pattern 2014
- Paper I: General Studies – 200 Marks
- Paper II: Aptitude test – 200 Marks
|Paper I – General English||300 Marks|
|Paper II – General Knowledge||300 Marks|
|Paper III, IV, V & VI – Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects set out below. Each subject will have two papers.||200 Marks for each paper|
|Total marks for written examination||1400 Marks|
Indian Forest Service Syllabus 2014
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
General English: Applicants will be required to write an essay in English. Other questions will be designed to test their understanding of English and workmanlike use of words. Passages will usually be set for summary or precis.
General Knowledge: General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects. The paper will also include questions on Indian Polity including the political system and the Constitution of India, History of India and Geography of a nature which the candidate should be able to answer without special study. For more information you must visit this web portal time to time that we will provide you everything which you want
The optional subjects are
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Latest Information about IFS
|UPSC Recruitment 2014||IFS Exam 2014 Notification|
|IFS Study Material 2014 – 2015||IFS Exam Pattern 2014 – 2015|
|Indian Forest Service Eligibility Criteria||UPSC Exam Calendar 2014|