IAS Preparation Tips 2015
The Indian Administrative Service (IAS) exam or civil services exam is one of the toughest and most prestigious exams in India. It requires hours and months of focused effort to crack. Candidates can find best IAS Preparation Tips 2015 from this page in order to prepare well and to make their effort well worth for it.
Our web portal education.portalforjobs.com explains best strategy/ tips to adopt to crack Prelims and Mains of IAS. From this page you can also get best Study Material and reference Books for Prelims and Main exam preparation.
Preparation Tips For Preliminary Exam
This test consists of 2 parts as General Studies and Optional Subjects
For General studies
- To prepare for this section aspirant need to refer Books on civics, history and economics from class 11th and 12th of N.C.E.R.T.
- Refer the books on subject of current affairs like pratiyogita darpan for authentic information and facts and others and also read news paper daily like The Hindu for not more than 60 minutes a day and also watch news channel.
- Read as several books as possible on General studies like History, India’s Struggle for Independence, sides of Indian Culture etc. It’s important to remember that current affairs and general awareness should be prepared together with other predictable topics.
For optional Subjects:
- Optional subjects are those subjects which you already studied in their graduation.
- Each subject have selected syllabus, therefore consequently prepare part of your previous studies instead of researching each topic of books.
- Some would possibly presume this portion to be the foremost necessary one however it’s not therefore, general studies should be given more time as you already are familiar with this portion attributable to your educational qualifications.
Preparation Tips for the Mains
- Explore writing skills as this paper is predicated on essay and paper writing.
- Two papers on English and Hindi language and four from your nonobligatory/ optional subjects must to be ready.
- Try to extend your speed of writing as these papers are long.
- General essay are on various topics like lifetime of Gandhi
- In English and Hindi essays there’s comprehensive writing.
- Rather than Hindi a language paper may be given for regional language check with same general or language primarily based topics therefore are ready for that portion.
Interview Preparation Tips
- After qualifying through these 2 rounds next massive step is interview. Most of the aspirants are rejected during this section due to lack of their presence of mind.
- Be assured whereas giving any answer in the interview.
- Be fluent in English.
- Listen to every question terribly rigorously.
- Maintain your eye contact and sit properly with discussion being mutual try and stay calm.
- Your technical skills also will assist you here therefore be ready to answer any technical question from your subject.
Study Material For Prelims/ Mains
Before you start your IAS preparation, you should have all essential books with you. I have listed important books that you should read for Prelims and for Mains below. The list is updated regularly so you read only the most relevant books for civil services exam.
|Book name||Author / Publication|
|Modern Physical Geography||Strahler, A.N. or Strahler & Strahler|
|11th and 12th class Geography books||NCERT|
|Geography Made Simple series||Rupa publications
|Urbanization and urban systems in India||Rama Chandran|
|Five Year Plan document & Yojna/Kurukshetra/Employment News||-|
|Indian History & Culture:|
|Ancient India, Medieval India, Modern India||NCERT (+ 2 level)|
|Gandhi Nehru Tagore & Ambedkar||Gopal Krishna
|Mahatma Gandhi||Raghavan Aiyer|
|Economic and Commercial Geography of India.||Sharma & Cotinho|
|Evolution of Indian Economy.||NCERT (+1 level)|
|Bhartiya Rajya Vyavastha
|Indian Political System
|NCERT (+1 level)|
|Indian Constitution||D.D. Basu|
|Science||NCERT : (10 level)|
|Biology||NCERT (+2 level)|
|Elementary Statistics||(NCERT +1 level)|
|Ancient India (NCERT)||Prof. R.S. Sharma
|The Wonder That was India||A.L. Basham|
|Ancient India An Introductory Outline||D.N. Jha|
|Aspects of Political Ideas and Institutions in Ancient India||R.S. Sharma|
|Introduction to the Study of Public Administration||L.D. White
|Public Administration||A.R. Tyagi|
|Public Administration in Theory and Practice||M.P. Sharma & B.L. Sadana|
|Indian Philosophy||Dr. C.D. Sharma|
|Indian Philosophy||Dr. Deo Raj|
Aspirants need to read all the study material correctly and must make their own notes by the use of different book and online PDF provided by the several websites. Moreover, revise them all over again it will help you to understand your topics easily.
Time is very necessary to handle for your IAS studies. If you really wish for victory in your IAS Prelims / Mains exam supervise your time according to your most excellent study timings. Like some candidates, study well in morning timings and some are in evenings check when you feel comfort n gives your best to your studies.
Aspirants must get info related to the exam pattern by which they can divide their time to solve questions on time. And prepare according to pattern in will also help you to crack the IAS Prelims / Mains.
We hope our information is helpful to you we always try to give satisfactory information to our visitors you can follow us on Face book and twitter and get info on your wall.
Check Important IAS Updates
|IAS Exam Online Application Form||UPSC Exam Calendar|
|IAS Sample Papers||IAS Exam Pattern|
|IAS Eligibility 2015||IAS Syllabus|
|IAS Toppers Interview Questions||Best IAS Institutes in India|