IAS (Indian Administrative Service) is most important exam for the candidates who want to serve the nation. It is properly known as Civil Service Exam and it is the toughest exam conducted by the government. It is going to be arranged for the year 2014.
The IAS exam conducted in three phases:
- CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
- Mains (Civil Services Mains)
- Personality test (interview)
CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
It is the first step to enter in IAS exam. It is conducted in the month of May or June. Shortlisted candidate or we can say successful candidate from this exam will be eligible for the second step that is Civil Services Mains Exam. The exam pattern is as follows:
CSAT exam consist of two papers with 200 marks each. There will be 100 questions and you will get 2 hours to complete exam.
CSAT Paper–I (General Studies)
- General Science
- Current Affairs: Events of national and international importance
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change (no subject specialization required)
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- It will carry 200 marks.
Learn current affairs related to new events and inventions
CSAT Paper –II (General Aptitude)
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level. (will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation).
- The exam is of 200 marks.
Mains (Civil Services Mains)
Civil Service Main Exam will attempt only those candidates who will qualify the CSAT exam, this exam conducted in the month of October and November.
It consists of:
- Paper 1 – one of Indian language to be selected among 18 provided languages. This will carry 3000 marks
- Paper 2 – qualifying English exam and of 300 marks.
- Paper 3 – this will consist of Essay writing and of 200 marks.
- Paper 4 and 5 – this is of general studies and occupies 300 marks for each.
- Paper 6, 7, 8 and 9 – among these, 2 needs to be selected each will in turn consist of 2 exams again of 1200 marks.
In optional exam you can choose two subjects from these.
History, Law, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology
Personality test (interview)
At lasts but not the least this is last round to fulfill the dreams. Shortlisted candidate from both above exam will be selected for the interview. The marks for this section will be 300
Portalforjobs.com has given the IAS Pattern 2014, you can get more information related to this from our web portal, and you must visit this site regular.
Check Latest IAS Updates
|IAS Exam 2014 Online Application Form||UPSC Exam Calendar|
|IAS Preparation Tips / Study Material||IAS Sample Papers 2014|
|IAS Eligibility 2014-2015||IAS Syllabus 2014|
|IAS Toppers Interview Questions and Answers||Best IAS Institutes in India|
Check official site for more details.